Your privacy is important to us. Chatsworth Medi@rt Academy (hereafter referred to as CMA) collects personal data to properly perform the teaching, learning, administration and other functions of an education institute. Personal data collected through CMA's website or hardcopy forms are handled in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012.
1. Collection of personal data
- Personal data includes but is not limited to names, contact numbers, email addresses, place of residence, NRIC or FIN numbers, dates of birth and individual photographs.
Personal data may be collected:
when you fill in our application or registration form with the intent of registering with us for purposes such as enrolment in a course, lecturing position, employment, etc.
when you submit your personal data on our website with the purpose of an enquiry.
when you contact us personally via phone or email regarding CMA’s matters (for example, employment, schedules, course syllabus, course consultation, promotions, etc.)
when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons.
2. Usage and disclosure of personal data
- CMA will only use personal data provided for the purposes specified when the information is requested or given. Such purposes may include:
administration and/or processing of your application/contract/enquiry, etc.
dissemination of information to facilitate administration, and processing of staff/lecturer/student/alumni matters.
providing support and/or updates
responding to feedback
communication purposes informing staff/lecturer/student/alumni of events, talks, seminars, activities, promotions, etc.
managing and administration of staff, student, lecturer and alumni records
- CMA shall take reasonable measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access, use, modification, copying, leakage, loss, damage, or disclosure. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorised use of your personal data by third parties which are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
- CMA will not disclose your personal data without your consent unless required or authorised by applicable laws and/or regulations
- CMA will not disclose your personal data unless disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health and/or safety or yourself or another individual.
- CMA will not disclose your personal data to any third-party organizations unless for reasons stated above or where such disclosure without your consent is permitted by PDPA.
3. Accuracy and access to personal data
- To ensure CMA provide the most relevant services to you, you shall update us in a timely manner for changes to your personal data provided to us by submitting your request to the administration department or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CMA may also request personal data updates from you if deemed necessary (e.g. suspected error in the personal data provided).
- You may request to access/view your own personal data that is with CMA at any time. To do so, please submit your request by email to email@example.com. Please note that this request is limited to your own personal data only and not of other individuals.
- CMA shall not be responsible for relying on inaccurate or incomplete personal data arising from your not updating us of any changes in your personal data that you had initially provided us with.
4. Retention of personal data
- CMA shall put in place reasonable measures such that your personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymised as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
5. Withdrawal of consent
- You may withdraw your consent to any or all uses or disclosures of your personal data for the purposes listed in this policy by submitting your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note that if you withdraw your consent to any or all uses or disclosures of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request to withdraw, we may not suited or equipped to engage with you.
6. Revisions to the policy
- CMA may amend this policy, with or without notice, from time to time to ensure that it is relevant to legal or regulatory regulations.
If you have any other queries regarding PDPA related policies and procedures, or you would like to request any actions regarding your personal data, please email us at email@example.com
- CMA owns the copyright of this website and its contents. No part of the contents on this website may be distributed, reproduced, broadcast or transmitted in any means or form without the prior written permission of CMA.
This website contains logo, photographs, audio and video clips, graphics, etc. (hereby referred to as ‘Contents’) that are protected by copyright, by trademark or by other proprietary rights of CMA.
The use of the Contents in this website without written consent is a violation of CMA’s copyright and CMA reserves its rights to seek remedies available by law.
- Cookies are utilized on our website to give you a better web browsing experience. The cookies on our website do not allow us to know directly your identity.
(a) to improve your experience when navigating and using our website
(b) to remember/store your preferences;
(c) to help us improve our website performance;
(d) to monitor traffic to our website;
(e) to enable our website to function properly; (collectively, referred to as the “Purposes”)
- Personal data (if any) that we collect from you through cookies may be passed to our third-party service providers, whether located in Singapore or elsewhere, for one or more of the Purposes, for managing and/or administering our website(s), or for the purpose of data hosting/storage/backup.
3. Disclaimer & Hyperlinks
- CMA undertakes to ensure that the information and materials posted on our website are correct at the time of posting. However, CMA gives no warranty, and shall, in no event, be liable for any consequences arising from the use of any contents on this website, or the inability to use the same contents.
- For convenience, CMA’s website may have included hyperlinks to external websites that are owned or operated by other parties. CMA has no control over and does not accept responsibility for the contents of or the consequences of accessing those websites.
4. Photography & Videography Notice
- We may take photographs and record audio/video files (hereby referred to as ‘Contents’) during our events/workshops/classes/activities/talks, etc. By participating in these events/workshops/classes/activities, talks, you permit CMA to use, reproduce and distribute such Contents for publicity and promotional purposes.